Want to get something on the site?
We welcome contributions from the Roath community – send us up to 300 words and a good quality pic and we’ll do our best to feature it. We’re all volunteers so we can’t make any promises and we do reserve the right to edit any submissions – see below for tips.
If you’d like to promote a forthcoming event or just share a picture, tweet us @roathcardiff.
Check out our About page and take a look at recent posts to see the sort of stories we feature.
Send us your story – submission tips
We’re always pleased to share your news – you can get in touch with us through the form below and any of our social media channels. We have 10 tips to make the process easier for everyone:
1. We run stories about Roath, things happening in Roath and people from Roath. If it’s not specifically about Roath, we probably won’t cover it.
2. All our guest posts carry a byline so we’ll need the name of the writer – please send original material or make the source clear so we can link to it.
3. Posts need to be around 300 words long, include relevant links and at least one landscape image.
4. That image needs to be at least 1000 pixels wide and works best if the main subject is on the left hand side of the picture – please include the picture source so we can credit it.
5. We’re always happy to receive PR news releases – but remember points 1-4 🙂
6. We sometimes accept opportunities to run reviews. We offer the opportunity to write reviews for the site through our social media channels. We review in a spirit of positive support for local businesses – if we ever have anything negative to say, we’ll say it to them not on the site.
7. We don’t do listings on the site – if you have a single event to promote, we’ll share it through twitter and facebook instead. If you have a series or season of events though, that would make a good post.
8. If you’d like to send us a post for our Roath Independent Business feature please answer the following questions:
- Who are you and what’s your job?
- Tell us the story behind your business – what inspired you to start it up?
- What’s the ethos behind your business? What services/products do you offer and what makes you unique?
- Why did you choose to open your business in Roath?
- What response have you had from customers?
- Do you have any plans for this year that you’d like to share?
- Anything to add?
- What’s your web address, twitter, facebook etc
9. We might need to make some changes to the copy or image to fit our blog style, SEO or social media channels.
10. We’re really grateful for everyone who contributes and will do our best to promote your content far and wide in return for words and pictures.
Drop us an email with the form below.