St Martin’s Church on Albany Road will play host to four Cardiff history lectures this spring, organised by Dr Andrew Richardson.
The first, on 10th April, will look at Cardiff Castle – who built it, why, and how it has changed over the centuries; the second, taking place on 24th April, will consider medicine and remedies in seventeenth century Wales.
Cardiff during the First World War will be the subject of the third lecture, on 8th May; followed by the final lecture in the series – how the National Museum for Wales came about, and the emergence of the wider cultural identity in Wales during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. This lecture will be held on 22nd May.
Entry is £5, as a donation to church upkeep. The lectures will begin at 7pm, with doors opening at 6.30pm.
Download the programme here.
Featured image: the Animal Wall at Cardiff Castle, c 1890